Sunday, September 9, 2012

Craft Table Remodel

I received a very nice table from my Mom when she closed her shoe store a few weeks ago.  I decided it would be a perfect fit into my new craft room.  I was in need of a table to put my sewing machine on and with a large enough work surface to cut fabrics and sew without being confined. It just needed a little TLC.




I have been thinking for a couple of weeks on how to redo it a little.  I decided to get out my favorite craft item...Modge Podge (any excuse to use this stuff:).  I also took some scrapbooking paper that I already had and got to work.  I cut the pieces to fit the top (in a random style) and used the Modge Podge to adhere them to the surface.  I then went over the whole top with another layer of Modge Podge and let it dry for two hours.  I then put two coats of polyurethane on the top to seal it and make it so I could wipe it down easily.
I think it turned out great!  It fits perfectly into my crafty-kind of room.  An afternoon project for a total cost of = FREE!!  Doesn't get any better than that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment