Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Little Home Economics please...

So, I have been reluctant (aka...lazy) when it comes to teaching my daughter her way around the kitchen.  I have been researching different Home Ec type courses to use with her and my son too when he is a little older.  I came across The Pearables and have found it to be quite user-friendly.  It has about 30 lessons.  We will be doing one a week to help introduce her to cooking, baking, sewing, etc.  I skipped the first few lessons, as we had already covered the basics.

We jumped right into the lesson on baking  (# 6) and I let her make her very own batch of chocolate chip muffins.  Of course, the recipe calls for plain muffins.  But my sweet girl wanted to add a few chocolate chips...chocolate DOES make everything better!  I walked her through it, but let her do all the measuring and mixing.  I did place them in and out of the oven for her.  She did the cleanup too.  She was sooo excited that she had made her very own muffins all by herself.  I like the fact that each lesson is layed out for us.  I do a lot of cooking and baking myself, but having a specific lesson plan is great.



More posts to come on the wonderful food creations she makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment