Friday, December 7, 2012

Week #18

My oh My...what a blessed week!  My Artsy Girl turned 9:)  Needless to say, we have been very happily busy.  We still managed to complete all of our school work and take Wednesday off for some serious birthday fun.

Along with her normal math, english/grammar and spelling lessons, we completed the Birthday Bonanza Unit Study by Amanda Bennett.  We really love adding in these unit studies throughout our year.  They are a nice welcome break from the norm.  They are a one stop shop with easily accessible internet links that I can use right from my iPad...easy peasy.  She was fascinated to learn that just 50 years before her birthday the very first color tv went for sale!  What a long way we have come in such a short time.



Soccer Boy finished the letter "Gg" lessons and we jumped right into the letter "Cc" lessons from My Father's World Kindergarten.  I decided to let him practice his letters in a more fun way by putting some flour (I was out of sugar) in a pan and letting him practice his letters.  He really like this, but don't all little boys like anything that lets their little hands get messy!  This is really an enjoyable program that seems to move right along at his pace.  We will continue our farm animals lessons as we learn about cows next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment