Friday, November 23, 2012

Week #15

Soccer Boy and I began our study of insects!  I must admit this was an area that I have been dreading, to say the least.  I have absolutely no interest in insects and I find them a little creepy.  However, I may have jumped the gun a little in making my assumptions.  We have had a great week studying the Letter "Ii".  We began the week learning about ladybugs and he made his own pet rock ladybug.  She's super cute and we will use her as a paperweight on our school table, too.  I found this really cute little Insects & Arachnids case that we have been using for some up close and personal viewing of our insects.  We are off for Thanksgiving next week and will resume the following week with our study of bees and make our own ant farm as well!



Artsy Girl spent the week learning about Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Georgia.  These were the first four states to adopt the Constitution and become "states".  We reviewed state capitals, state birds and famous people/foods from each state.  We decided that we like Hershey's and New York style pizza the best!  We continued with our science study of birds & nests that follow right along with the states.

We have a light week planned for next week as we will be doing some Thanksgiving activities!


No comments:

Post a Comment